Logo

ILR Design Workshop (remote access) - Shared screen with speaker view
Phillip Long
02:22:15
Greetings virtual people!
Greg Nadeau
02:22:24
We can hear you fine on line
Nicholas Hathaway
02:24:11
Thank you for making remote participation available. Good morning,
Greg Laudeman
02:24:16
If there are any specific info/resources online that we should review, please send the URLs.
Tim Amyx
02:24:35
Tim Amyx representing the Tennessee Board of Regents from Nashville.
val thomas
02:24:52
Hi everyone! Excited to be here with all of you today from Ottawa, Canada.
Frugoli.Pam
02:25:48
Hi Pam Frugoli here from Employment and Training Administration--with O*NET, industry Competency Models, and occupational licensing projects
ODJRN1
02:26:32
Jessica Nicholson - White House/Commerce ILR team
Greg Laudeman
02:27:25
Hey, Pam Frugoli! Love what y’all are doing!!! Great to see you involved.
Nicholas Hathaway
02:29:46
Hello everyone! This is Nick Hathaway representing E-Locker. This is an exciting forum! I am looking forward to the day.
Laura Faulkner
02:31:11
ILR Pilot background: https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/t3-innovation-network/ilr-pilot-program
Laura Faulkner
02:31:29
ILR Use Cases: https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/sites/default/files/T3Network_ILRUseCases_November2019.pdf
brooks.doherty
02:36:03
Hey, everyone! Brooks Doherty from Rasmussen College. We have a learner record going live in April. I'm here today to make sure the IRL doesn't live on an island and connects with employers, etc.
Greg Nadeau
02:36:23
Greg Nadeau, T3 ILR Hub project manager, IMS CLR TF Co-Chair, IEEE work group facilitator. PCG
Phil Komarny
02:36:26
Phil Komarny - VP Innovation Salesforce, Working with Dignity Health Global Education in the Whitehouse ILR pilot to deliver skills based profiles and matching tools for their enterprise.
Mark McConahay
02:36:46
Mark McConahay, Indiana University Bloomington and VP of IT for AACRAO. Assisting with the CLR inititiative in AACRAO and IU is working to develop an ILR using the IMS Global CLR standard
Greg Laudeman
02:36:47
Greg Laudeman with Eduity. We’re planning our pilot focused on employers/demand-side rather than individuals/supply-side.
Katherine Tear
02:36:54
Hi, I'm Katherine Tear with DTE Energy. We are still TBD of how expect to participate, but we felt there were several boxes we could check
kristin.pratt
02:37:12
Kristin Pratt, Goodwill- Learning more about how we could best participate.
Rick Skeel
02:37:19
Rick Skeel, with Ellucian, and involved in a couple of T3 projects and interested in the new development of a CLR
Cindy Lyons
02:37:40
Hi Everyone, Cindy Lyons from UC San Diego. I'm here today to learn more about the ILR project and to see if its a good fit for our CLR.
Greg Laudeman
02:37:53
Eduity is looking for partners in small southeastern communities for our pilots.
Scott Gallant
02:38:10
...my intro above. interest: to a) provide open community framework resources for privacy via Edspex, b) where applicable, also lend trust models for distributed ledger, c) align to NIST SmartCities work and IEEE trusted learning systems work.
Kirk Werner
02:38:24
Hello - Kirk Werner, VP of Content for Udacity, providing practice and credentialing for learners within the ILR process
Ashley Reardon
02:38:26
Hello, Ashley Reardon, SETA Contractor for the ADL Initiative, interested in the ILR development and contributing to the ILR Resource Hub
Kim Hamilton Duffy
02:42:11
Hi all, Kim Hamilton Duffy, here with a couple of roles. I’m architect of the Digital Credentials Consortium, consisting of my university (MIT) and 11 others. We are proposing an ILR pilot. Also here as a T3 contributor (leading the Empowering Student/Learner Effort) and co-chair of the W3C Credentials Community Group, and interested to learn more about your pilots and how to help. Great to be here.
Phil Komarny
02:42:53
Hi Kim!!
Phillip Long
02:43:06
Hi everyone. Very much looking forward to learning from all of you and finding/providing the support you need to successfully design, implement, conduct, and assess your ILR pilots.
Phil Komarny
02:44:09
Hi P1! Thank you for being involved with the T3 group! Very much appreciate your thinking, guidance and work in this space.
val thomas
02:45:11
David and I are from Talent Cloud / Government of Canada.We are an experimental skills-based project-based platform. Our interest is to consume and produce ILR content, and that we develop open source software which we'd like to integrate in the network. Creating stronger talent signals between employers and people seeking employment.
Stuart Sutton
02:47:31
Hello, I am Stuart Sutton, Professor Emeritus, University of Washington, Seattle. I semantic data consult to Credential Engine and am co-lead on T3 pilot projects: (1) developing a prototype for networking the registries of competency frameworks; and (2) cross walking standards..
Chris Purifoy
02:51:12
Hello all! I’m Chris Purifoy, Chairman of Learning Economy Foundation and Director of the T3 ILR Hub. Happy you’re joining us here digitally. Let us know what resources you would like to see in the ILR Hub! We want to learn from you.
David Mason
02:51:15
I'm with Val. Our prototype uses linked data with Solid in mind, so glad to see these connections.
Laura Faulkner
02:51:56
Thanks to all who have joined remotely - feel free to post comments or questions here in the chat and we will make sure they get surfaced at the meeting
Phil Komarny
02:52:11
Will do, thanks Laura
Jim Goodell
02:54:16
Jim Goodell with Quality Information Partners, supporting several of the #T3InnovationNetwork projects, we also support ceds.ed.gov, work w/ the other data standards initiatives, and I’m vice-chair of the IEEE Learning Technology Standards Committee
Robert weinman
02:56:00
Robert Weinman - www.SEMI.org, We recently worked with industry partners and DOL-ETA to revise the Adv Manufacturing Competency Model to use as a workforce standard for our Technician Level workforce. We are interested in exploring ILR collaboration in our industry sector and across Advanced Manufacturing, most immediately in our pilot regions of NY, NC, and OR
QIAN
02:57:49
I am Lan Qian with National Student Clearinghouse. We are involved in one of the ILR pilot project.
Rich Ramirez
03:01:55
Rich Ramirez from DTE Energy leading Innovation and Technology Corporate Social Responsibility
Mike Simmons, University of North Texas
03:02:56
Mike Simmons, University of North Texas. We've launched an open, interoperable ILR at the university this spring. Part of the Lumina AACRAO/NASPAA/NILOA CLR cohort. Working with T3, IMS, Credential Engine, ASU's TLN, and any other collaboration that helps push ahead these issues. Partner with Concentric Sky, Pearson, Foliotek and other vendors toward open ILR. My colleague Meena Naik is representing us at the meeting in D.C.
Chief Etheridge
03:05:06
To join the T3 Network, you can use the link below so we have your contact information and so you can stay connected with the network at large: https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/t3-innovation-network/join-t3
Rich Ramirez
03:05:07
I will be attending as much as I can today and have competing priorities today that will drawl me away from time to time.
Nicholas Hathaway
03:08:55
Nick Hathaway, founder of E-Locker. I served 25 years as Executive VP at the University of Oklahoma. We implemented a number of great programs to use student data to help students. Since leaving OU, I have been developing E-Locker, a high functioning ILR, with a coalition of schools, universities and employers in Oklahoma. As we say to students and families, YOUR data for YOUR life. Using your data to enhance your education and your employment. I’m very sorry to not be in Washington today. We are represented by Dr. Jeff King.
Matt Gee
03:09:45
Welcome Nick!
Matt Gee
03:13:41
Any questions/comments on the ILR Pilot Characteristics?
Phillip Long
03:19:36
Looking forward to learning more about E-Locker Nick!
Greg Laudeman
03:21:10
Are there any medium to small community reps in the discussion? Local chambers, community colleges, etc.?
Phillip Long
03:21:11
Kim - you’re the lead on verification discussion. Just ask if I can help in any way.
Kim Hamilton Duffy
03:21:28
Sure Phil, thanks
Simone Ravaioli
03:22:21
Is there a way to participate remotely in the self-assessment or the group work ?
Scott Gallant
03:23:55
...any pilot looking to discuss modelling for unified trust (of individual, of system, of any resource)... I'd love to chat about CONTENT but also TECH.
Scott Gallant
03:24:40
a though... since we are all on chat... do we have a pilot org or two out there that wish to keep us all focused here digitally?
Web Shield
03:43:30
if we find means to TARGET beyond the scope of this chat, a few of us are in the Slack that Matt posted.
Greg Nadeau
03:47:51
Pilot Self Assessment Link
Greg Nadeau
03:47:52
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdL-FaaiovmjAAaYRPmx5tPnoOQjotTWwp8jFYBXTn-HnOgNg/viewform
Greg Nadeau
03:48:25
Resource Hub contributor
Greg Nadeau
03:48:26
ILR Resource Hub Self-Assessment (Entries)
Greg Nadeau
03:48:37
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScraCU17x1rLovsoGviLE6M3s43HhHzlnu52bw3EmkmG9tHBA/viewform
Chief Etheridge
03:50:51
Hey Greg, we’ve actually changed a few things and are only using the PDF
Chief Etheridge
03:51:09
https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/sites/default/files/T3%20Network_ILRUseCase_March2020.pdf
Web Shield
03:55:30
Simone... have made it into the SLACK to progress. I am tangentially working with NZ/AU edu privacy assessments for a reciprocity program... love to talk more about the cross-borders.
Greg Nadeau
03:58:13
Yes - thanks Chief - all - please use his links
Web Shield
04:01:12
In t3innovationnetwork Slack, search #irl-pilot-design
Chief Etheridge
04:12:49
We need a couple remote volunteers to report out once we reconvene. Would anyone like to report out over the phone once we come back?
Mark McConahay
04:14:41
How can we share our filled in PDF on the web?
Chief Etheridge
04:15:42
Mark- you can email it to jwestfall@uschamber.com and he can share it if you are ready to report out
Chief Etheridge
04:15:59
Share it on screen*
Chief Etheridge
04:18:39
Mark- just spoke to Jason and we’re going to start with you once we receive your PDF and move forward from there
Mike Simmons, University of North Texas
04:18:43
How can we get added to the T3 Slack workspace or channel?
David Mason
04:20:26
Mike, you'll have to go to https://join.slack.com/t/t3innovationnetwork/shared_invite/zt-4e4mmsvr-aegatlrAVYBpX~J2CpTDKw then create an account. Once there,you can join the ilr-pilot-design channel. you'll be in the general channel, and can ask for help. This is probably the better way for remote participants
Chief Etheridge
04:21:05
Greg & Mark- can we get confirmation that you can provide an update/report out?
Mark McConahay
04:21:46
Yes....I can
Alexander Jackl
04:22:27
Go Mark Go!
Greg Laudeman
04:23:48
Which Greg? Me?
Greg Laudeman
04:23:53
But sure.
Chief Etheridge
04:24:50
Greg Nadeau
Chief Etheridge
04:25:02
Forgot there we’re multiple Greg’s
Alexander Jackl
04:26:23
That is always the problem - finding a receiver - many can send but few receive!
Greg Laudeman
04:26:26
All good! I’m not sure our pilot really lines up, anyway!
Mike Simmons, University of North Texas
04:29:55
Can't hear the current speaker
Mike Simmons, University of North Texas
04:30:24
ok better!
Chief Etheridge
04:31:14
Greg N- you’re up next
Tim Amyx
04:32:53
My College, Volunteer State Community College in Tennessee has a cyber security program. Our ILR project will include sending employers learning outcomes for those students. We will use the IMS Global standard for the CLR for the student’s to transmit that information themselves.
Robert weinman
04:35:17
Regarding the Private Sector, SEMI represents 2300 member companies in Semiconductor Supply chain. We are interested in collaborating in a meaningful way
Kim Hamilton Duffy
04:39:01
I can introduce the DCC pilot
Danielle Saunders
04:40:49
Who is the current speaker/pilot team?
Alexander Jackl
04:43:57
Jeff King , University of Central Oklahoma
Alexander Jackl
04:44:14
This is now Matt Gee '
Laura Faulkner
04:46:16
Marni Stein Baker at WGU now speaking
Danielle Saunders
04:48:35
Thank you
Nicholas Hathaway
04:50:52
I think sometimes we make perfect the enemy of the good. There are communication and articulation issues all across the map. However, if we simply enable the accumulation of student data (transcript data, assessment data and student workforce related surveys) in one safe place, there are great things that can be achieved for our shared ambitions with this data. Then, we can build toward a more perfect future.
Alexander Jackl
04:51:48
+1 on what Nicholas said.
Chief Etheridge
04:54:20
Anyone else that wants to share their pilot information, you can send it to Josh at jwestfall@uschamber.com
Chief Etheridge
04:55:21
Reconvening at 1:20-1:25 PM ET
Alexander Jackl
05:41:20
Sound okay?
Val Thomas
05:41:30
perfect :)
Rich Ramirez
05:41:42
yes
Alexander Jackl
05:44:16
Mark L asked when the Resource Hub will be up and available
Alexander Jackl
05:44:59
Any questions?
Greg Nadeau
05:45:00
ILR Production Launch scheduled for:Apr 27, 2020
Alexander Jackl
05:45:48
I think we are eternally say Q2 as a talking point.
Alexander Jackl
05:45:55
externally :-)
Simone Ravaioli
05:49:53
Link to the handouts ?
Chief Etheridge
05:50:10
https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/sites/default/files/T3%20Network_ILRUseCase_March2020.pdf
Chief Etheridge
05:50:18
Use case PDF^
brooks.doherty
05:51:18
Thank you!
Simone Ravaioli
05:55:37
Does Commitment = funding for the orgs involved in the mapping ?
Chief Etheridge
05:56:41
Some organizations have been given financial support, others have not, it’s an open and ongoing process
Chief Etheridge
05:57:38
Stuart- I’ll set you up to speak
Greg Nadeau
06:02:49
Why not use CEDS Align instead of developing a new tool?
Alexander Jackl
06:03:28
@Simone Yes "Commitment" equals some funding.
Simone Ravaioli
06:04:13
Thx @Alex. Kudos to T3.
Chief Etheridge
06:08:57
Question- what is the basic standard for the ILR?
Jim Goodell
06:09:47
@Greg Yes, CEDS Align (https://ceds.ed.gov/align.aspx) can do some of what the envisioned tools would do. Additional functionality would be needed to get to the full vision for harmonization. Integration with Align and new harmonization tools/components could be one path forward.
Simone Ravaioli
06:12:54
Question- what is the basic standard for the ILR?
Simone Ravaioli
06:13:04
Answer: CLR ?
Greg Nadeau
06:14:05
I believe that ILR should focus on W3C VC containing W3C DID, IMS CLR with CASE, HR Open, PESC and other structures.
Kim Hamilton Duffy
06:15:07
Good question Simone. Here is how I think of it, but curious for feedback. There is the “ILR” from the White House white paper, which I think of as a concept, which is different from a specific standard, like the ILR Greg is talking about.
Simone Ravaioli
06:17:20
@Greg @Kim, thanks - also my understanding. Good to hear that.
Kim Hamilton Duffy
06:17:53
But that standard doesn’t “own” the structures, it works with these other standards he refers to (i.e. let each sector / sdos develop the structures they have expertise in, but the ILR Greg refers to can reference these to enable interop. But this is an instance of the general “ILR” concept I referred to (from the White House paper). Maybe we need different terms :)
Phillip Long
06:18:36
any one online have inout here?
Mark McConahay
06:23:36
Data standards and maps and conversion utilities would go along way to enable traction and scale.
Mark McConahay
06:24:20
There is a hesitation to commit to a standard worried it will be in the 8 track of the clr world.
Simone Ravaioli
06:27:57
+1 @Alex on categorising standards
Val Thomas
06:28:56
also +1 @alex on categorizing standards!
Jim Goodell
06:31:13
Data standard functions/categories needed for interoperability: Data Definition & Vocabulary, Data Models & Packaging, Protocols (for transport, security, verification), APIs
Alexander Jackl
06:31:52
+1 @jim Goodell
Phil Komarny
06:32:55
Who is speaking?
Simone Ravaioli
06:33:04
Mark Leuba IMS
Phil Komarny
06:33:10
thx
Web Shield
06:33:42
Are these meta to be 'standardized', then collected and levelled into edmatrix.org @brandt :)
Jim Goodell
06:35:21
+1 Brandt Redd’s edmatrix.org
Tim Amyx
06:37:27
Please move closer to the mic.
Phillip Long
06:38:23
The T3 has heard the interest in a checklist/scenarios with aligned standards/ and a perhaps a tool to make these alignments more efficient.
Nicholas Hathaway
06:39:18
We tend to focus on institutional sharing of data. While important, why not also focus some energy on giving students/families greater ownership of their data? As educators, we focus on data for public health type concerns. What about using these data for primary care/individualized digital education?
Jim Goodell
06:41:28
@Nicholas Project 10 of T3 is focussing on that, self-sovereign learner data, empowering learner/workers.
Web Shield
06:41:43
+! Nicholas . It all matters. I think we will hear more from Kim/others towards end of day.
Nicholas Hathaway
06:45:24
Great! Yes, I am familiar with the excellent work of Project 10. And, I agree that it all matters.
Greg Nadeau
06:46:01
Yes. We should share the experience with CASE Network
Greg Nadeau
06:46:36
This is a space we do not need to re-invent the wheel
Val Thomas
06:47:28
+100 @Marni!
brooks.doherty
06:48:01
Great description, Marni!
Val Thomas
06:49:00
we need a skills translator :)
Mark McConahay
06:49:43
missed a commernt from the audience....can you ask Matt to repeat if not on Mic?
Phillip Long
06:50:01
So an EdMatrix for skills
Kim Hamilton Duffy
06:51:04
Someone recently told me we need a folksonomy++
Simone Ravaioli
06:51:28
The Open Taxonomy Project https://www.opentaxonomy.org/
Greg Nadeau
06:53:46
Anther case where we need not re-invent the wheel. 1) CASE is an open, supported standard that works across domains to model machine readable skills; 2) OpenSALT is a free open source tool to edit and publish CASE data; 3) CASE Network is a centralized registry to mirror distributed publishers. 4) Crosswalks of different types can be built off 1-3 above.
Phillip Long
06:53:47
@kim folksonomies were a user defined tagging practice, which was useful in the early stages of a process of tagging, but they tend to converge only partially. Rarely do they get beyond 80% - so it’s a good early phase tactic to speed community input/confirmation of professionally developed taxonomies.
Kim Hamilton Duffy
06:54:11
That’s where the ++ comes in :)
Chief Etheridge
06:54:22
Greg- you want me to set you up for comment?
Chief Etheridge
06:54:34
See the hand raise
Alexander Jackl
06:55:15
Open record standard
Alexander Jackl
06:55:24
achievement standard
Alexander Jackl
06:56:04
pathways- playlists, stackable value etc.
Laura Faulkner
06:56:15
More detail:
Laura Faulkner
06:56:16
Open Skills Standard – reduces cost and improves the quality of documentation of in-demand skills from the labor market through a shared, machine-readable, and translatable format.Open Achievement Standard – serves as a consistent, machine-readable protocol for packaging information about accomplishments and recognition of experience and learning.Open Pathways Standard – creates a standard logic to stack and share learning achievements within and across multiple education and employment providers.Open Record Standard - enables learners to access verifiable achievement records from any institution or platform and to share them with any education provider or employer using a standard messaging protocol.
Alexander Jackl
06:56:19
Openskills standrds- the skill statement (KSA)
Alexander Jackl
06:56:40
+Laura much more cohesive!
Simone Ravaioli
06:57:05
+100 on “Not reinventing the wheel” … yet that is what has been really happening in the past/present :-(
Mark McConahay
06:57:50
Josh/Phil - I have to get on another call for a few minutes (COVID-19 planning) - I will rejoin as soon as I can.
Jim Goodell
06:58:56
T3 project 5 includes registries of competency framework registries (map between CASE network frameworks and Credential Engine’s CTDL-ASN and CaSS) and other work that could support an “edmatrix for skills”
Phillip Long
07:00:15
Thanks for that pointer @JimGoodell to T3 Project 5.
Phillip Long
07:01:12
Thanks for contributing remotely @MarkMcConahay!
Phillip Long
07:03:59
@SimonRavioali reinventing wheels is a common human habit. This ILR work does NOT want to see reinvention. Rather sought is extension of existing stds/taxonomies with justification for why and context to substantiate that decision.
Danielle Saunders
07:06:00
Happy to add folks to specific T3 project listservs for updates and advisory group meetings. Send a direct chat or email danielle@brighthive.io Project overviews here https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/t3-innovation/pilot-projects
Katherine Tear
07:08:18
Is this Rosetta Stone the same or similar AI that is being explored by Facebook for translating without a set translator? https://www.npr.org/2020/03/09/813577442/nprs-podcast-invisibilia-begins-a-new-season
Phillip Long
07:13:02
ILR teams are discussing what they need from this competency/skills info presented specifically for their individual proposed ILRs.
Phillip Long
07:14:10
@KatherineTear I think the Rosetta Stone translation was a goal, based on the mapping work done so far. I haven’t heard if there is any ML/AI needed at this point.
Stuart Sutton
07:19:43
Katherine, the T3 project 1 mapping work makes it possible at the element/property level to say the intention of a property in one meta-model (e.g., IMS CASE) is equivalent to an other property in a different meta-model (e.g., ASN). That simply makes it possible to say that data in the two meta-models can be translated, one metadata-model to the other. T3 pilot project 6 is deploying ML/NLP/AI to actually compare the substance of assertions.
Phillip Long
07:22:45
@StuartSutton - thanks for that clarification!
Laura Faulkner
07:23:14
@Greg - Is your hand raised for a new question/comment?
Phillip Long
07:26:16
@Walmart is on mic now.
Greg Nadeau
07:26:35
No
Trey Hayden - ADL SETA
07:26:44
There are DoD use cases where the existence of a competency / skill is itself a PII concern. How might those cases be protected in a world where the standards are open / interoperable?
Kirk Werner
07:27:33
Kirk from Udacity - providing practical level project review criteria is something that we do within our nano degree programs
Phillip Long
07:28:54
@TreyHayden - that’s actually a use case that those folks working on the TLN (Trusted Learner Network) is addressing. There PII is actually on-chain in a private/permissioned blockchain. The individual then has the responsibility/choice of disclosure or selective-disclosure. Happy to talk to you separately about htat.
Jim Goodell
07:31:55
+1 not a one time assessment but multiple measures, multiple measurements
Mike Simmons, University of North Texas
07:32:21
multiple measures, over time, stacked as "credentials"
Kim Hamilton Duffy
07:32:22
@Trey that’s a fantastic use case. The W3C Verifiable Credentials Data Model enables data minimization and selective disclosure (it’s not prescriptive about how, but there are currently several different methods of accomplishing this). We are touching on this topic in P10, but I’d like to see a pilot project focusing on that scenario.
Stuart Sutton
07:33:14
IMS CASE, Credential Engine CTDL-ASN and D2L ASN all provide Rubric as an entity. IMS folds Rubric into the CASE spec while Credential Engine and D2L define Rubric as a separate entity.
Val Thomas
07:36:09
rubrics for transferable skills (both learner and employer) would be a great resource.
Jim Goodell
07:41:42
CEDS data definitions are source of CASE rubric and competency definitions and in turn some of the rich CEDS data definitions for assessments informed by IMS. ASN, Medbiquitous, InLoc and others informed CEDS Competency domain. The state of data standards has advanced through collaboration and it is great to see that collaboration continue in the T3 work!
Alexander Jackl
07:42:29
+1 @Jim Goodell
Alexander Jackl
07:45:26
This identity matching issue for both people and organizations is critical for interoperability.
Scott Gallant
07:46:16
...as well as the system/app/process. all can be treated as 'resources' that require protection and some degree of trust.
Kim Hamilton Duffy
07:49:22
I’d like to queue up Scott Gallant to talk
Scott Gallant
07:49:39
happy to add quick comment
Mark McConahay
07:51:12
Immutability is a very real concern for credential provider. Cureently, Adobe provides some crytographic solutions that work well, but require network, apis and respository of calcualted keys. We need an equivilant!
Mark McConahay
07:53:58
Persistent identoity that is to be used among all of the providers and the fulfilling partners in a new self-soveriegn environment. OIn order to enable crednetials to be stackable among these providers and fulfillers requires that we haknow who the student identity is - this is a must have feature of the ecosystem. It must also have a pathway to other business areas (e.g., HRMS).
Mark McConahay
07:54:10
For give my spelling...
Jim Goodell
07:56:16
+1 Mark L., looking forward to the rich set of community use cases in the resource hub.
Jim Goodell
07:59:13
+1 tracking evolution of skills and expiration (required renewal) of a skill
Scott Gallant
08:01:20
I'm very out of practice on some things I once did well. an open question... how much can the expiry be based on the fact that many people loose touch with a skill after ##months (skill meta), vs the factors that are completely unique to me (personal learning-style-type stuff)... because I have other things happening in life or lost interest in the skill.
Kim Hamilton Duffy
08:02:42
Who is speaking?
Alexander Jackl
08:03:15
That was Pat from Credly
Mike Simmons, University of North Texas
08:03:27
validity and reliability of assessment depends on the stacked components of a CLR. Painting a picture with a long-term CLR is better evidence of skills. No single piece of evidence is fully reliable...over time
Val Thomas
08:05:20
verification of skill for assessment + endorsement of that skill as it’s demonstrated. this way the still is in a dynamic state.
Val Thomas
08:06:12
*skill is in a dynamic state
Kim Hamilton Duffy
08:06:48
+1 Val — that’s an endorsement
Jim Goodell
08:06:50
Interesting topic: virtual apprenticeships, ongoing assessment/recognition of competence
Nicholas Hathaway
08:08:52
It is a problem we must solve!
Val Thomas
08:26:45
kim, we would love to chat more about selective disclosure with our project. super relevant.
Scott Gallant
08:26:59
...likewise!
Scott Gallant
08:30:01
success needs to handle the 'requirements' for trust governance from what I call the 5 Inputs... 1)law/reg, 2)contract, 3)policy, 4)user, 5)industry/consortia
Kim Hamilton Duffy
08:30:52
Thanks for the EdTPA pointer
Scott Gallant
08:32:58
[hand raise] quick addition to FERPA ?
Kim Hamilton Duffy
08:34:06
Great, @Val and @Scott
Scott Gallant
08:35:59
not to worry.
Scott Gallant
08:37:50
withdrawn :) but there are solves to FERPA that let institutions have no friction, and enable student/parent.it's being addressed right now. if I take control of record via an access/consent, I can't necessarily edit it everywhere. Control is shared, many parties.
brooks.doherty
08:41:52
I learned a lot from the standards conversation. I'd love a pros/cons list of each standard.
Alexander Jackl
08:43:29
Nice work Kim....
Phillip Long
08:43:30
Kim - for Verification section - one rec was that the resource hub needs to capture user stories and verification approaches (that’s one)
Kim Hamilton Duffy
08:43:45
Thanks Alex!
Phillip Long
08:44:47
A second from that verification section I noted was to consider the longitudinal issues around verification - guidance for what happens when an asserting entity no no longer exists, for exampe.
Phillip Long
08:45:08
You likely have others or better ones. Still need a recommendation for the resource hub
Alexander Jackl
08:46:02
Rec: Add legal victories and precedents of pilots
Alexander Jackl
08:46:14
to the Resource Hub
Alexander Jackl
08:48:47
Nt just white papers: PTAC- Privacy Assistance Center as a resource
Kim Hamilton Duffy
08:50:06
+1
Alexander Jackl
08:50:30
https://studentprivacy.ed.gov/
Val Thomas
08:57:05
thank you @everyone for such an informative day! we’re really excited to be a part of this with all of you.a special shoutout to the organizers. very grateful for the virtual participation.
Phil Komarny
08:57:48
THANK YOU EVERYONE!! Great Job P1!!
Laura Faulkner
08:57:57
Thanks to all who participated remotely!
Kim Hamilton Duffy
08:58:00
Thanks everyone!
Phil Komarny
08:58:07
Can we get a share of the recording?>
Alexander Jackl
08:58:07
Thanks everyone!!!!
Laura Faulkner
08:58:29
Yes the meeting recording will be shared out - and we are capturing the chat as well
Alexander Jackl
08:58:31
The recording will be ent out to everyone.
Kirk Werner
08:58:35
Thank you very much for the day!
Jim Goodell
08:59:23
Thank you all!